- 1A small simple house, typically one near a lake or beach.More example sentences
- About a third of homes in the upper Yorkshire Dales are second homes or holiday cottages and three-quarters of house sales are to outsiders.
- Some 40 per cent of the houses are either holiday cottages or weekend havens for wealthy townies.
- Those who live in Prague spend their holidays in country cottages working in the garden and enjoying the outdoors.
- 1.1A dwelling forming part of a farm establishment, used by a worker: farm cottagesMore example sentences
- Now often the single men working on a farm have a cottage for accommodation and cook for themselves.
- The production company has applied for the access road that leads to the farm and four cottages to be closed 24-hours a day for a month for filming purposes.
- There are some days when the trees just seem greener than ever, the cottages and farms seem more romantic, and the sunshine seems to follow in your path.