1A small simple house, typically one near a lake or beach.
- About a third of homes in the upper Yorkshire Dales are second homes or holiday cottages and three-quarters of house sales are to outsiders.
- Some 40 per cent of the houses are either holiday cottages or weekend havens for wealthy townies.
- Those who live in Prague spend their holidays in country cottages working in the garden and enjoying the outdoors.
1.1A dwelling forming part of a farm establishment, used by a worker: farm cottages
More example sentences
- Now often the single men working on a farm have a cottage for accommodation and cook for themselves.
- The production company has applied for the access road that leads to the farm and four cottages to be closed 24-hours a day for a month for filming purposes.
- There are some days when the trees just seem greener than ever, the cottages and farms seem more romantic, and the sunshine seems to follow in your path.
Words that rhyme with cottagepottage, wattage
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.