Definition of cottager in English:
1A person living in a cottage.
- Country people were more practical, but from the 17th century, cottagers as well as landed gentry took immense pride in their plants.
- During the hiking craze of the 1930s, hungry cottagers would throw stones at the knapsacked townies who came to gawp.
- The display of flowers in all sections was good, and the vegetables in the cottagers ' class were excellent.
1.1North American A person vacationing in a cottage.
- I think that boaters, cottagers, and the local people could co-exist just fine with this project.
- The real villains of this piece are the weekend cottagers, who bring little to our communities except inflated house prices.
- The area was also prime wilderness vacation country for fishers, canoeists, cottagers and others.
Words that rhyme with cottagerfrontager • ravager
Definition of cottager in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.