Definition of cottager in English:
1A person living in a cottage.
- Country people were more practical, but from the 17th century, cottagers as well as landed gentry took immense pride in their plants.
- During the hiking craze of the 1930s, hungry cottagers would throw stones at the knapsacked townies who came to gawp.
- The display of flowers in all sections was good, and the vegetables in the cottagers ' class were excellent.
1.1North American A person vacationing in a cottage.
- I think that boaters, cottagers, and the local people could co-exist just fine with this project.
- The real villains of this piece are the weekend cottagers, who bring little to our communities except inflated house prices.
- The area was also prime wilderness vacation country for fishers, canoeists, cottagers and others.
Words that rhyme with cottagerfrontager • ravager
Definition of cottager in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan