Definition of cotton grass in English:
A sedge that typically grows on swampy land in the northern hemisphere, producing tufts of long white silky hairs, which aid in the dispersal of the seeds.
- Genus Eriophorum, family Cyperaceae
- Two species of sedges that form cottony seed masses are called cotton grass.
- The surrounding land drops down close to 2,500 feet, and possesses all the flora and fauna you'd expect from an Appalachian mountain range - mountain laurel, rhododendron, cotton grass, pine trees and all the deer you can fathom.
- On one side of the water is a wide plain, speckled white with Arctic cotton grass.
Definition of cotton grass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan