Definition of cotton stainer in English:
A North American bug that feeds on cotton bolls, causing reddish staining of the fibers.
- Genus Dysdercus, family Pyrrhocoridae, suborder Heteroptera: several species, in particular D. suturellus
- Empty weavers' nests dangled from lifeless tree branches and flea beetles and cotton stainer bugs provided the only movement in that empty place.
- The life cycles of the pale cotton stainer and the cotton harlequin bug have not been fully studied.
- When these antihormones are applied to immature cotton stainers and Mexican bean beetles, the insects grow into sterile adults.
Definition of cotton stainer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan