Definition of cottonmouth in English:
1A large, dangerous semiaquatic pit viper that inhabits lowland swamps and waterways of the southeastern US. When threatening, it opens its mouth wide to display the white interior. Also called water moccasin.
- Agkistrodon piscivorus, family Viperidae
- Dogs bitten by any of Texas' dangerous snakes, including rattlesnakes, cottonmouths, copperheads and coral snakes, often suffer unnecessarily.
- It's because of birds that I know the difference between a sugar maple and a red maple, a diamondback water snake and a cottonmouth, an American lady and a painted lady.
- This is the only product that can neutralize toxins from rattlesnakes, cottonmouths, and copperheads.
Definition of cottonmouth in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.