Definition of coulee in English:
1North American A deep ravine.
- It has rolling hills, valleys, ravines and coulees, ideal for stalking.
- I also do not expect the flood pathway stories to tell that the flood eroded, in several days, 50 cubic miles of basalt and silt that resulted in deep vertical-walled coulees with flat bottoms.
- The badlands are significant due to the plethora of fossils and dinosaur bones that have been recovered in the slowly eroding hoodoos, narrow valleys and bone-dry coulees.
2A lava flow.
- The remaining magma as lava domes and coulees was extruded with some associated subplinian or vulcanian explosive activity.
- The bulk of the T2 magma is represented by the lava domes and coulees, which are the most evolved.
- The late-stage lava coulees and domes are most evolved.
Definition of coulee in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan