noun (plural councilwomen)
- A woman who is a member of a council, especially a municipal one.More example sentences
- ‘The amount of noise in New York is just overwhelming,’ Upper East Side councilwoman Eva Moskowitz said in sponsoring the bill, which would make New York the first car-alarm-free municipality in the nation.
- A former LA city councilwoman called the fund ‘the most important progressive victory in the city since the living wage law was adopted’ in 1997.
- Nevertheless, the area's city councilwoman said she had received only two e-mail messages opposing the project, and residents seemed divided during interviews last week.
More definitions of councilwomanDefinition of councilwoman in:
- The British & World English dictionary