Definition of counterplot in English:
A plot intended to thwart another plot.
- But unlike most of the conspiracies, plots and counterplots in the Lockerbie saga, this one has been solved in days, rather than years.
- All of these brothers, all of these princes, it just sounds like it would be inevitably a nest of plots and counterplots, ambitions and current.
- A dark night has fallen over Collinwood, a night that will bring with it both the plots and counterplots of good versus evil, as well as a deepening mystery of other worlds intersecting with our own.
verb (counterplots, counterplotting, counterplotted)[no object] Back to top
Devise a counterplot.
- In a final twist Thynn is implicated as counterplotting against Monmouth to join forces with the Catholic cause.
- Sam is further wedged between the addictive scheming of Felix's bride-to-be Marjorie, and the vengeful counterplotting of his long-jilted mother Gloria.
- In days of old, England has had Statesmen, such as Pitt and Castlereagh, who were true to their country and easily counterplotted and put down the Jesuit conspiracies in Ireland.
Words that rhyme with counterplotcachalot • Wilmot
Definition of counterplot in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia