- Set against or in opposition to.More example sentences
- The novelty of this book is that it counterposes sociobiology to developmental biology rather than its traditional foe, anti-biological approaches to human sociality.
- In opposition to globalization, these groups counterpose an idealized notion of an earlier period of American capitalism when the national market and national state played a more dominant role in economic life.
- By counterposing the ‘virtual’ world to the ‘real’ world, Dreyfus falls into the same dualism as the Platonic and Cartesian traditions he derides.
- More example sentences
- This makes an interesting counterposition to the dwindling bunch of free market supporters in Britain and the USA who broadcast their ‘pro-market, anti-business' sentiments.
- This debate appears as a counterposition between ensuring creators' remuneration and protecting civil liberties.
- Every position in this area has a complex counterposition, so I should not hope to draw on some philosophical consensus for use in theological discussion.
More definitions of counterposeDefinition of counterpose in:
- The British & World English dictionary