- An alternative proposal made in response to a previous proposal that is regarded as unacceptable or unsatisfactory: the union rejected the airline’s counterproposalMore example sentences
- No details of the board's settlement offer, or of the union's counter-proposal, have been released.
- For no sooner had Blair's vision been laid out in the Commons on Thursday than his own counter-proposals were being set down.
- The talks follow the unveiling last Friday of the G20 group of developing countries ' long-awaited counter-proposal on agricultural tariffs.
More definitions of counterproposalDefinition of counterproposal in:
- The British & World English dictionary