- A machine driveshaft that transmits motion from the main shaft to where it is required, such as the drive axle in a vehicle.More example sentences
- A popular solution is to spread the gear sets over three, instead of the usual two, countershafts, trading length for width.
- Since the force on the right countershaft is downward, neither a tenon nor a handwheel is required.
- The countershaft can be adopted for extremely sophisticated engines with high cylinders.
More definitions of countershaftDefinition of countershaft in:
- The British & World English dictionary