- An import tax imposed on certain goods in order to prevent dumping or counter export subsidies.More example sentences
- It is complying with WTO rules on anti-dumping, subsidy and countervailing duties, and safeguard measures.
- For trade in goods, the principal issues that concern the WTO include border measures such as tariffs and other duties, anti-dumping and countervailing duties, import quotas and bans.
- Even lower rates in the US have kept markets for lumber strong, and B.C. producers are making a profit - in spite of countervailing duties and dumping penalties.
More definitions of countervailing dutyDefinition of countervailing duty in:
- The British & World English dictionary