- A rich man of good social standing who owns and lives in a large rural property.More example sentences
- A small act of defiance against an allegedly urban-dominated parliament's desire to consign the country gentleman's ‘sport’ of fox-hunting to history.
- Can we look in the window of the country gentleman and ladies?
- Rochester is a swarthy, middle-aged, rich country gentleman, with a wife locked up in a secret chamber in his house.
More definitions of country gentlemanDefinition of country gentleman in:
- The British & World English dictionary