- A type of country music that resembles pop music, usually characterized by orchestrated arrangements: [usually as modifier]: a slick countrypolitan balladMore example sentences
- From smooth countrypolitan to jaunty truckin' tales via plaintive ballads of heartbreaking beauty; this album has 'em all.
- The countrypolitan ballad seems plucked from another epoch.
- Rest of the disc pulls from seventies r-&-b, Ray Charles countrypolitan, Jerry Lee and guit-fiddle country.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to or denoting an architectural style that combines country charm with sophistication.More example sentences
- The city of Nashville has long since morphed from countrypolitan to Cosmopolitan, with ritzy suburbs named Brentwood, nightlife beyond the Bluebird Café, and Tim McGraw / Nelly collabs.
- ‘Countrypolitan’ is glamour without the ‘bling.’
on the pattern of cosmopolitan.