Definition of countrypolitan in English:
A type of country music that resembles pop music, usually characterized by orchestrated arrangements: [usually as modifier]: a slick countrypolitan ballad
More example sentences
- From smooth countrypolitan to jaunty truckin' tales via plaintive ballads of heartbreaking beauty; this album has 'em all.
- The countrypolitan ballad seems plucked from another epoch.
- Rest of the disc pulls from seventies r-&-b, Ray Charles countrypolitan, Jerry Lee and guit-fiddle country.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or denoting an architectural style that combines country charm with sophistication.
- The city of Nashville has long since morphed from countrypolitan to Cosmopolitan, with ritzy suburbs named Brentwood, nightlife beyond the Bluebird Café, and Tim McGraw / Nelly collabs.
- ‘Countrypolitan’ is glamour without the ‘bling.’
on the pattern of cosmopolitan.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan