- Two lines of verse, usually in the same meter and joined by rhyme, that form a unit.More example sentences
- The source texts are then reformed into single aphoristic lines, couplets, quatrains, and whole poems.
- In honour of this, I invite you to submit your haiku, limericks, rhyming couplets, sonnets shameless pastiches and epic verses on the subject of blogs and blogging.
- He'd write poems, rhyming couplets, four-line stanzas about riding in the mountain bike park.
late 16th century: from French, diminutive of couple, from Old French cople (see couple).
More definitions of coupletDefinition of couplet in:
- The British & World English dictionary