- A colleague came over to the group of desks where I sit bearing a package in a courier company's bag.
- Detectives believe he was on his way to a courier service company to ship several headphones to England.
- In other news, the stupid courier company delivered my travel documents and flight tickets at 6.20 am this morning.
- Most of what he acquired was microfilm brought out of Poland to the West by underground couriers.
- They forged documents, collected arms, and were couriers to the Warsaw underground.
- Each day a courier from Washington would bring to the New York office the latest current intelligence products for use by the President-elect and his staff.
- The fun began in the South of France when I was a tour courier.
- Though whites were concerned about her masculine appearance, she worked as a guide, courier, warrior and peacemaker for the next 25 years.
- Every coach will have a courier and it will be the best-managed coach operation ever.
- I've sent her a large bouquet of flowers and couriered her some photos of her great-grandchildren both of which she was very happy to receive.
- They give students the option of appearing for model test papers either in the classroom (the tests will be held in these centres on Sunday), or couriering their answers to the centre.
- All the luggage that we know of has been couriered back to each of the passengers or they have come in and picked it up.
Late Middle English (denoting a person sent to run with a message): originally from Old French coreor; later from French courier (now courrier), from Italian corriere; based on Latin currere 'to run'.
Words that rhyme with courierFourier
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.