- Legal expenses, especially those allowed in favor of the winning party or against the losing party in a suit: a total of $6,000 in fines, court costs, restitution, and feesMore example sentences
- These can include requirements such as security for costs from foreign plaintiffs, or the denial of legal aid.
- The adjudication clause permits the Adjudicator to award costs to the winning party.
- Accordingly, no profit costs should be allowed to the appellants for work done by their partnership.
More definitions of court costsDefinition of court costs in:
- The British & World English dictionary