- North American • informal Include a wide range of things; cover every aspect of something: while half the dishes are Italian, the kitchen covers the waterfront from Greece to MoroccoMore example sentences
- The influence of cable news is - it covers the waterfront.
- I plead guilty to the charge that a short essay did not cover the waterfront.
- A former correspondent and editor covers the waterfront of problems that afflict higher education.
More definitions of cover the waterfrontDefinition of cover the waterfront in:
- The British & World English dictionary