Definition of coverall in English:
1A full-length protective outer garment often zipped up the front.
- Moments later, a young girl with light brown hair and jean coveralls over a white shirt opened the door, a bright grin on her face.
- He dressed, pulling on his coveralls and his shirt over his head.
- Before going down, miners put on special underwear, coveralls, and boots and strap on an emergency breathing device.
1.1 [as modifier] Inclusive: a coverall term
More example sentences
- This fits rather neatly with a coverall definition of 'art'.
- Alcohol and tobacco somehow don't fall under the coverall category of 'drugs'.
- I have always objected when the term 'English' is used as a coverall description for those things which are happening within the UK at large.
Definition of coverall in:
- British & World English dictionary