- 1Lacking courage.More example sentences
- There is more foolishness, more cowardly hearts, less courage, lack of appreciation and gratitude and less politeness.
- A strange country where the military lost their power but none of the cowardly politicians had the courage to tell them.
- The more cowardly completely lost courage, but the more able and subtle did not think it necessary to give up.
- 1.1(Of an action) carried out against a person who is unable to retaliate: a cowardly attack on a helpless victimMore example sentences
- This man has carried out a cowardly attack on an elderly woman who he knew would not be able to defend herself.
- We are also certain that the police will apprehend the criminal who carried out this cowardly deed.
- This appears to be a premeditated and cowardly racially motivated attack.
adverb• archaic Back to top
- More example sentences
- You could not be blamed for the craven cowardliness of your opponent, could you?
- They have decided to risk losing through cowardliness, rather than to risk winning through valor.
- The shameful cowardliness of the man's commentating is simply unacceptable.