Definition of cowbell in English:
1A bell hung around a cow’s neck in order to help locate the animal by the noise it makes.
- We could revert to our childhood and have a bit of plastic flapping against the spokes or maybe just an alpine cowbell round our necks?
- Do I have to jump up and down like a monkey, with a cowbell around my neck for anyone to notice me?
- Walking the Alps is definitely something to savour - mountains, meadows, clanging cowbells - what more could you want?
1.1A bell similar to a cowbell used as a percussion instrument, typically without a clapper and struck with a stick.
- On Caribbean Odyssey he plays bongos, congas, timbales, cowbells, Hawaiian nose flutes, chimes and even the agogo bells.
- On the demo it just had a sort of rockin’ spiffy snare drum, but then we added cowbells and all this stuff.
- With its waltzing piano intro, the cowbell works over-time to rein in the myriad hisses, whirs, and reverberating noises.
Words that rhyme with cowbellbluebell • Annabel
Definition of cowbell in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia