Definition of cowbell in English:
1A bell hung around a cow’s neck in order to help locate the animal by the noise it makes.
- We could revert to our childhood and have a bit of plastic flapping against the spokes or maybe just an alpine cowbell round our necks?
- Do I have to jump up and down like a monkey, with a cowbell around my neck for anyone to notice me?
- Walking the Alps is definitely something to savour - mountains, meadows, clanging cowbells - what more could you want?
1.1A bell similar to a cowbell used as a percussion instrument, typically without a clapper and struck with a stick.
- On Caribbean Odyssey he plays bongos, congas, timbales, cowbells, Hawaiian nose flutes, chimes and even the agogo bells.
- On the demo it just had a sort of rockin’ spiffy snare drum, but then we added cowbells and all this stuff.
- With its waltzing piano intro, the cowbell works over-time to rein in the myriad hisses, whirs, and reverberating noises.
Words that rhyme with cowbellbluebell • Annabel
Definition of cowbell in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.