- A person employed to tend or ranch cattle; a cowboy or cowgirl.More example sentences
- The boy was a skinny thing, more of a pretty boy than a cowhand, but he was willing to learn about the ranch.
- He was a rock-climbing instructor who had the wiry, efficient build of a cowhand.
- The town drunk was a battered old sot of a cowhand whose horse carried him home, passed out in the saddle, on Saturday nights.
More definitions of cowhandDefinition of cowhand in:
- The British & World English dictionary