Definition of cowhide in English:
1.1Leather made from a cow’s hide.
- The holsters are hand-stitched using the finest leather, horsehide, cowhide, sharkskin and exotics like ostrich and stingray.
- The chaise can be lifted from its frame and placed on the floor as a rocker and comes in canvas, leather and cowhide upholstery options.
- The decor - offset by luxurious red leather and cowhide sofas - is a form of therapy in itself.
1.2A whip made from cowhide.
- He lashes Tom across the face with a cowhide and strikes him several times, then asks Tom again if he will do it.
Definition of cowhide in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia