1A plant of the pea family native to the Old World tropics. It is an important pulse for animal feed and human consumption, both the pod and the seed being edible.
- Vigna unguiculata, family Leguminosae
- Other crop plants like peppers, cowpeas, clovers, legumes, and many others will be studied in the future.
- Sorghum, millet, maize, cowpeas, and black-eyed peas are the main subsistence crops.
- They planted two legume cover crops - Lana vetch and Clay Iron cowpeas.
1.1The seed of the cowpea plant as food.
- Traditional rural staples are sweet potatoes, manioc, yams, corn, rice, pigeon peas, cowpeas, bread, and coffee.
- Other crops include peanuts, beans, squash, pumpkins, cucumbers, sweet potatoes, bananas, and cowpeas.
- Other crops are sunhemp, cowpeas and pigeon peas.
Definition of cowpea in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.