Definition of cowpea in English:
1A plant of the pea family native to the Old World tropics. It is an important pulse for animal feed and human consumption, both the pod and the seed being edible.
- Vigna unguiculata, family Leguminosae
- Other crop plants like peppers, cowpeas, clovers, legumes, and many others will be studied in the future.
- Sorghum, millet, maize, cowpeas, and black-eyed peas are the main subsistence crops.
- They planted two legume cover crops - Lana vetch and Clay Iron cowpeas.
1.1The seed of the cowpea plant as food.
- Traditional rural staples are sweet potatoes, manioc, yams, corn, rice, pigeon peas, cowpeas, bread, and coffee.
- Other crops include peanuts, beans, squash, pumpkins, cucumbers, sweet potatoes, bananas, and cowpeas.
- Other crops are sunhemp, cowpeas and pigeon peas.
Words that rhyme with cowpeaphotocopy
Definition of cowpea in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan