- 1A plant of the pea family native to the Old World tropics. It is an important pulse for animal feed and human consumption, both the pod and the seed being edible.
More example sentences
- Vigna unguiculata, family Leguminosae
- Other crop plants like peppers, cowpeas, clovers, legumes, and many others will be studied in the future.
- Sorghum, millet, maize, cowpeas, and black-eyed peas are the main subsistence crops.
- They planted two legume cover crops - Lana vetch and Clay Iron cowpeas.
- 1.1The seed of the cowpea plant as food.More example sentences
- Traditional rural staples are sweet potatoes, manioc, yams, corn, rice, pigeon peas, cowpeas, bread, and coffee.
- Other crops include peanuts, beans, squash, pumpkins, cucumbers, sweet potatoes, bananas, and cowpeas.
- Other crops are sunhemp, cowpeas and pigeon peas.
More definitions of cowpeaDefinition of cowpea in:
- The British & World English dictionary