- A viral disease of cows' udders which, when contracted by humans through contact, resembles mild smallpox, and was the basis of the first smallpox vaccines.More example sentences
- The process induced cowpox, a mild viral disease that conferred immunity to smallpox.
- A spouse and child came down with a mild case of cowpox.
- At the end of the 1700s, Jenner realized that people who had contracted cowpox, or ‘vaccinia,’ didn't get smallpox.
More definitions of cowpoxDefinition of cowpox in:
- The British & World English dictionary