- The steersman of a ship’s boat, lifeboat, racing boat, or other boat.More example sentences
- Three heats with the top three boats qualifying for the final left it up to the coxswains to call the race plan.
- As coxswain, I would steer, control the pace, and act as the eyes of the oarsmen, who were facing backward.
- The coxswain is fitted snugly into the bow end of the boat steering and motivating the crew.
More definitions of coxswainDefinition of coxswain in:
- The British & World English dictionary