Definition of crab spider in English:
A spider with long front legs, moving with a crablike sideways motion and typically lying in wait in vegetation and flowers for passing prey.
- Family Thomisidae: several genera
- The amount of time a crab spider spends foraging on a flower can have a significant effect on the spider's fitness.
- For the purpose of this study, an important assumption was made about a crab spider's foraging behavior.
- He spent the night under observation at the hospital after it was discovered he had been bitten by a venomous crab spider the size of a large coin.
Definition of crab spider in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.