Definition of crabeater seal in English:
A slender, gray Antarctic seal that lives on the pack ice, feeding mainly on krill.
- Lobodon carcinophagus, family Phocidae
- A school of crabeater seals surfs the turquoise surge around the base of a grounded iceberg.
- After the summer moult, the crabeater seal is dark brown dorsally and grades to blonde ventrally.
- Waterproof hair and insulating fat, called blubber, help crabeater seals stay warm in the frigid waters.
Definition of crabeater seal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan