Definition of crack willow in English:
A large Eurasian willow with long, glossy leaves, growing typically in damp or riverside habitats. The brittle branches break off easily, often taking root and producing new growth.
- Salix fragilis, family Salicaceae
- There are quite a few large crack willows in the park which are leaning over at alarming angles.
- Introduced species of flora like crack willows had choked and badly affected water quality in the creek.
- There are many crack willows and a mixed woodland of beech, birch, lime, sycamore, alder, rowan and ash.
Definition of crack willow in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan