Definition of cracked in English:
1Damaged and showing lines on the surface from having split without coming apart: the old pipes were cracked and leaking
More example sentences
- In more advanced cases, fish net-like cracks resembling the fine fracture lines of cracked porcelain can occur.
- Her eyes suddenly trailed to a line of smeared blood upon the cracked surface of the marble floor.
- His cracked and toughened face split wide in a grin.
1.1(Of a person’s voice) having an unusual harshness or pitch, often due to distress.
- Among the aspiring singers were those with cracked voices, nasal tones, and lisps.
- I began to play and sang along though my cracked voice.
- ‘I don't have the strength to sit up, kid,’ he said in a dry, cracked voice.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.