Definition of cracked in English:
1Damaged and showing lines on the surface from having split without coming apart: the old pipes were cracked and leaking
More example sentences
- In more advanced cases, fish net-like cracks resembling the fine fracture lines of cracked porcelain can occur.
- Her eyes suddenly trailed to a line of smeared blood upon the cracked surface of the marble floor.
- His cracked and toughened face split wide in a grin.
1.1(Of a person’s voice) having an unusual harshness or pitch, often due to distress.
- Among the aspiring singers were those with cracked voices, nasal tones, and lisps.
- I began to play and sang along though my cracked voice.
- ‘I don't have the strength to sit up, kid,’ he said in a dry, cracked voice.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia