North American informal
Definition of crackerjack in English:
Exceptionally good: a crackerjack eye surgeon
More example sentences
- The two leads give crackerjack performances, their timing, dynamism and interaction almost flawless.
- The corporations always have a battalion of crackerjack lawyers to defend themselves.
- Best of all, Germany's crackerjack Ensemble Modern played the luminous score with extraordinary virtuosity.
nounBack to top
An exceptionally good person or thing.
- The other five are all potential crackerjacks and it is a contest which is going to answer a lot of questions.
- ‘He ought to have a crackerjack of a speech,’ former President Ford says simply.
- At 5-1 third-favourite, Proudwings represents great each-way value in what promises to be a crackerjack of a race.
Words that rhyme with crackerjackbootjack • lumberjack
Definition of crackerjack in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.