- 1A light, crisp, savory biscuit.More example sentences
- The boiling and frying technique remained in use in the Middle Ages for making cracknels, which were small, crisp, sweet biscuits.
- Round cracknels were given to festival participants.
- Reginald stared dismally at the biscuit-tin, which now presented an unattractive array of rejected cracknels.
late Middle English: alteration of Old French craquelin, from Middle Dutch krākelinc, from krāken 'to crack'.
More definitions of cracknelDefinition of cracknel in:
- The British & World English dictionary