An eccentric or foolish person.
- It's a site dedicated to ‘cranks, crackpots, kooks, and loons on the Web.’
- There George, who appears throughout as himself, interviews a series of crackpots and misfits.
- Interesting to know the science and/or psychology behind the crackpots and their talking pots.
Eccentric; impractical: his head’s full of crackpot ideas
More example sentences
- Whatever the reason, London needs plenty more crackpot ideas to keep it moving.
- It wasn't me that raised this crackpot idea, was it?
- The reality is that every crackpot idea in the history of science has been defended on this very same basis.
Words that rhyme with crackpotjackpot
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of crackpot in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.