Definition of crackpot in English:
An eccentric or foolish person.
- It's a site dedicated to ‘cranks, crackpots, kooks, and loons on the Web.’
- There George, who appears throughout as himself, interviews a series of crackpots and misfits.
- Interesting to know the science and/or psychology behind the crackpots and their talking pots.
adjectiveBack to top
Eccentric; impractical: his head’s full of crackpot ideas
More example sentences
- Whatever the reason, London needs plenty more crackpot ideas to keep it moving.
- It wasn't me that raised this crackpot idea, was it?
- The reality is that every crackpot idea in the history of science has been defended on this very same basis.
Words that rhyme with crackpotjackpot
Definition of crackpot in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.