nounchiefly North American
A shrub of the honeysuckle family, with round clusters of white flowers followed by red berries.
- Genus Viburnum, family Caprifoliaceae: the American cranberry bush (V. trilobum), with edible berries, and the guelder rose or European cranberry bush
More example sentences
- But to come across a fully laden cranberry bush in a clearing in a wood is a fabulous thing.
- But Matulli sat back among the cranberry bushes in the wet moss and pulled Halla down beside her.
- Most references still refer to the American cranberry bush by its old Latin name, V. trilobum.
Definition of cranberry bush in:
- The British & World English dictionary