noun (plural craniopagi)
- (Of conjoined twins) the condition of being joined at the head: [as modifier]: the first time that surgeons had tried to separate adult craniopagus twinsMore example sentences
- However, this is the first time surgeons have tried to separate adult craniopagus twins.
- Carson was the primary neurosurgeon that successfully separated seven-month-old German craniopagus twin boys.
- Manar was born with a rare condition known as craniopagus parasiticus, which occurs when an embryo begins to split into identical twins but fails to complete the process.
based on cranio- 'skull' + Greek pagos 'something that has become solid'.
More definitions of craniopagusDefinition of craniopagus in:
- The British & World English dictionary