Definition of crappie in English:
noun (plural crappies)
A North American freshwater fish of the sunfish family, the male of which builds a nest and guards the eggs and young.
- Genus Pomoxis, family Centrarchidae: several species, including theblack crappie (P. nigromaculatus) and thewhite crappie (P. annularis)
- It is during schooling when the male crappie sweeps out the nests and attracts the female.
- The typical crappie has a large mouth with thin jaw tissue and tends to be a soft, even tentative striker.
- The lake is well stocked with trout, large and small mouth bass, blue gill, crappie, and catfish.
Mid 19th century: of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with crappieflappy, gappy, happi, happy, nappy, pappy, sappy, scrappy, slap-happy, snappy, strappy, tapis, yappy, zappy
Definition of crappie in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan