Definition of crappie in English:
noun (plural crappies)
A North American freshwater fish of the sunfish family, the male of which builds a nest and guards the eggs and young.
- Genus Pomoxis, family Centrarchidae: several species, including theblack crappie (P. nigromaculatus) and thewhite crappie (P. annularis)
- It is during schooling when the male crappie sweeps out the nests and attracts the female.
- The typical crappie has a large mouth with thin jaw tissue and tends to be a soft, even tentative striker.
- The lake is well stocked with trout, large and small mouth bass, blue gill, crappie, and catfish.
Mid 19th century: of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with crappieflappy, gappy, happi, happy, nappy, pappy, sappy, scrappy, slap-happy, snappy, strappy, tapis, yappy, zappy
Definition of crappie in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.