Definition of crash diet in English:
A weight-loss diet undertaken with the aim of achieving very rapid results.
- Men are also more likely to exercise to excess to work off a pub lunch than go on a crash diet.
- I'm thinking we should all start crash diets.
- There were no crash diets, no marathons, just a steady, realistic programme which anyone can follow.
verb(crash-diet) [no object] Back to top
Embark on a crash diet: some climbers crash-diet for three days before major ascents
More example sentences
- The supermodel revealed: "The only time I crash diet is Christmas."
- The coroner's report after her death concluded that Cass died of massive heart failure, brought on by obesity and the strains of crash dieting.
- One of the main causes of cellulite is crash dieting, which causes toxins to build up in the body.
Definition of crash diet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan