- (Of an aircraft) land roughly in an emergency, typically without lowering the landing gear: (as noun crash landing) a plane made a crash landing near the airportMore example sentences
- A pilot who narrowly escaped injury when his light aircraft crash-landed at a farm airstrip near Swindon has blamed soft ground as one possible cause of the incident.
- The third airlift was a total disaster, with bundles dropping into enemy hands and planes and gliders crash-landing throughout the area.
- All but seven of the 80 crew members survived, even though most had to bail out or crash-land because their aircraft ran out of fuel before reaching landing sites in China.
More definitions of crash-landDefinition of crash-land in:
- The British & World English dictionary