Definition of crashworthy in English:
(Of a vehicle or an aircraft) relatively well able to withstand a crash.
- High-energy-absorbing, crashworthy materials have been looked at by the Ultralight Car Body Structures Project at MIT's Impact and Crashworthiness Laboratory since 1997.
- The first phase of the program runs through October, concentrating on creating a crashworthy composite front end module modeled after an existing production design.
- A larger and/or heavier car will generally be more crashworthy but pose a larger threat in terms of aggressivity.
- crashworthiness noun
- Example sentences
- While this is not stated explicitly it was the intention of the CE33 Standards committee that the Level 0 certification procedure be used for assessing the crashworthiness of light weight temporary water - ballasted barriers.
- It should also be noted that the crashworthiness ratings used are derived from actual crashes rather than crash tests such as NCAP.
- It has long been recognised that computer simulation can be an effective and relatively low-cost tool to analyse design alternatives or to carry out detailed parametric studies of the crashworthiness performance of barriers and cars.
Definition of crashworthy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.