Definition of crashworthy in English:
(Of a vehicle or an aircraft) relatively well able to withstand a crash.
- High-energy-absorbing, crashworthy materials have been looked at by the Ultralight Car Body Structures Project at MIT's Impact and Crashworthiness Laboratory since 1997.
- The first phase of the program runs through October, concentrating on creating a crashworthy composite front end module modeled after an existing production design.
- A larger and/or heavier car will generally be more crashworthy but pose a larger threat in terms of aggressivity.
- Example sentences
- While this is not stated explicitly it was the intention of the CE33 Standards committee that the Level 0 certification procedure be used for assessing the crashworthiness of light weight temporary water - ballasted barriers.
- It should also be noted that the crashworthiness ratings used are derived from actual crashes rather than crash tests such as NCAP.
- It has long been recognised that computer simulation can be an effective and relatively low-cost tool to analyse design alternatives or to carry out detailed parametric studies of the crashworthiness performance of barriers and cars.
Definition of crashworthy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan