Definition of crazy quilt in English:
1A patchwork quilt of a type traditionally made in North America, with patches of randomly varying sizes, shapes, colors, and fabrics.
- Quilt lovers prize eye-catching quilts such as crazy quilts, log cabins, and Baltimore album quilts.
- Occasionally a cotton crazy quilt is seen, where scraps of fabrics in a myriad of cotton prints are used to cover the quilt top.
- On the floor of the sitting room is a late nineteenth-century hooked rug reminiscent of crazy quilts.
1.1A disorganized collection of things: colonial America was a crazy quilt of laws
More example sentences
- It is hamstrung by a crazy quilt patchwork of warring state commissions, sanctioning bodies, and dubious fight contracts.
- It is a philosophical crazy quilt made from the sheets of our ‘wrecked romance with God.’
- District managers, however, are faced with a crazy quilt of funding streams for purposes that match the district's strategic priorities only by happenstance, if at all.
Definition of crazy quilt in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan