Definition of cream puff in English:
1A cake made of light pastry filled with cream.
- If you want to find someone attractive, don't watch them eat a cream puff.
- The coffee cream puff devoured by mum also got the thumbs-up.
- The cream puff became popular during the French food mania of the 1960s, said a culinary librarian.
2.1 [as modifier] US Denoting something of little consequence or difficulty: a cream-puff assignment
More example sentences
- Yeah, it was nice, but I could rattle off double-digit, middle-of-the-road teams that would have won 10 games against that cream-puff schedule.
- The presidential debates increasingly smell like rig jobs with preconceived answers to cream-puff questions.
- A top woman player used to be able to get away with a middling first serve and a cream puff second serve.
Definition of cream puff in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan