Definition of creationism in English:
1The belief that the universe and living organisms originate from specific acts of divine creation, as in the biblical account, rather than by natural processes such as evolution.
- The majority of Americans believe in creationism rather than evolution.
- They spend much time attacking biblical creationism and creationists.
- The original proposal was to stop teaching evolution theory until creationism could be taught alongside.
1.1 another term for creation science.
- It is not surprising that theologians and mainstream Christians claim that creationism damages Christianity.
- Intelligent Design creationism is bad theology, bad politics, bad education, and bad science.
- This succinctly expresses, I think, both the nature and the theological weakness in ID creationism.
- Example sentences
- Strangely, evolutionists protest loudly when creationists use this approach!
- Yet today many evolutionists claim that creationists cannot be scientists.
- Many of those who classify themselves as creationists object to the term scientific creationists.
Definition of creationism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan