(also creative accounting)
- The exploitation of loopholes in financial regulation in order to gain advantage or present figures in a misleadingly favorable light.More example sentences
- Most often, those problems were financial, including inaccurate budgets, hidden deficits, creative accounting, and lackluster fund raising or capital campaigns.
- While there are rules governing how depreciation is expensed, there is still plenty of room for management to make creative accounting decisions that can mislead investors.
- Analysts said allegations of fraud, insider dealing and creative accounting at some of the world's biggest technology companies could hinder a recovery in the sector.
More definitions of creative accountancyDefinition of creative accountancy in:
- The British & World English dictionary