- A default, bankruptcy, or other situation which is recognized as affecting the creditworthiness of a country or organization and which may trigger insurance payments as defined in a credit default swap: investors should keep in mind that this is a relatively small credit event relative to some of those we’ve seen in the banking sector beforeMore example sentences
- Spanish five-year government bond yields rose in line with 10-year bonds on Tuesday in a sign that markets were preparing for the risk of a big credit event.
- Italy needs to focus on structural reforms since a credit event in the country is a key danger.
- To the extent that there are unexpected levels of downgrades, we may not need to see any loss for there to be some sort of credit event.
More definitions of credit eventDefinition of credit event in:
- The British & World English dictionary