- 1 Botany Any plant that grows along the ground, around another plant, or up a wall by means of extending stems or branches.More example sentences
- Yes muntries are little purple berries and they're the fruit of a shrub, a ground creeper, that grows down in eastern South Australia.
- The plant, a creeper of the arum lily family, is a native of Mexico and Guatemala.
- Flowering plants, creepers and hedge shrubs will be planted.
- 2Any of a number of small birds that creep around in trees, vegetation, etc..
More example sentences
- ● (brown creeper) the American treecreeper (Certhia americana, family Certhiidae). ● (brown creeper)New Zealand a New Zealand songbird (Mohoua (or Finschia) novaeseelandiae, family Pachycephalidae or Acanthizidae). ● a Philippine songbird (family Rhabdornithidae and genus Rhabdornis: two species). ● a Hawaiian honeycreeper (genus Paroreomyza, family Drepanididae: three species).
- One most beautiful and exotic of creepers is cardinal creeper.
- Brown creepers have just taken over the neighborhood, you hear them everywhere you go.
- A flock of brown creepers were on most of the trees.