- The battlements of a castle or other building.More example sentences
- Behind the gatehouse, around the monastic cloister, there were similar conversions, the whole façade being topped with a bombastic row of crenellations (battlements).
- You will notice the buttresses, the porch, the crenellations on the walls, and the four light mullioned windows.
- Tiered on the surrounding hills rose terracotta-roofed buildings surmounted by the beige crenellations of a castle.
More definitions of crenellationsDefinition of crenellations in:
- The British & World English dictionary