Definition of creodont in English:
An extinct carnivorous mammal of the early Tertiary period, ancestral to modern carnivores.
- Order Creodonta: several families
- Read about marsupials and creodonts who also grew ‘long in the tooth’.
- In creodont carnivores, such as Hemipsalodon studied here, upper molars have carnassial blades as well.
- The brain of the creodonts was generally of relatively small size and their intelligence presumably low.
Definition of creodont in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia