Definition of creosol in English:
A colorless liquid that is the chief constituent of wood-tar creosote.
- Alternative name:2-methoxy-4-methylphenol; chemical formula: C8H10O2
- These toxic by-products include, but are not limited to hydrogen sulfide, phenols, creosols, indoles, and ammonia.
- Laminated Belting is not resistant to concentrated organic & inorganic acids, phenols & creosols.
- The aqueous layer is removed and washed three times with 200-ml. portions of benzene, and the benzene extracts are combined with the crude creosol separated initially.
Definition of creosol in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.