Definition of creosote bush in English:
A shrub native to arid parts of Mexico and the western US. Its leaves smell of creosote and when steeped in boiling water, they yield an antiseptic lotion.
- Larrea tridentata, family Zygophyllaceae
- A creosote bush can live as long as one hundred years, but the unique propagation method employed by this shrub may arguably extend its life much longer.
- The most common shrubs are creosote bush, ocotillo, and bur sage.
- Soil samples were collected from beneath the canopies of creosote bush shrubs and from areas between shrubs in each of the three zones: mound, enriched, and intermound.
Definition of creosote bush in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.