Each of three isomeric crystalline compounds present in coal-tar creosote, used as disinfectants.
- The ortho-, meta-, and para-methyl derivatives of phenol; chemical formula: CH3C6H4OH
More example sentences
- Sebacic acid can be synthesized from phenols and cresols, but castor oil oxidation is considered a ‘greener’ process.
- Our results support the theory of toluene genotoxicity, under conditions of higher exposure, because the percentage of reactive metabolites finally biotransformed to cresols and benzyl mercapturic acid was very small.
- We measured unconjugated, glucuronic acid-conjugated, and sulfuric acid-conjugated cresols in the patient's biological fluids.
Definition of cresol in:
- The British & World English dictionary